Get your Real Estate Energy Certification Online at the best price

We are approved by the Bank of Spain and by the CNMV, our energy certifications are fully guaranteed

As of June 1, 2013, it is mandatory to provide an Energy Efficiency Certificate for the Dwellings purchase and rental of commercial premisesreal estate. In order to offer and supply energy certifications to its clients, Euroval has signed a collaboration agreement with APROTECNIC, a company specialized in Energy Efficiency Certification.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is it?

Document that includes the qualification of the energy efficiency and the consumption of a building or part of it (Dwelling , premises, office etc.), information of the procedure, description of the energy characteristics and recommendations of viable improvements. The qualification must be registered with an official body of the corresponding autonomous community in order to have the character of a certificate. You will report this energy expenditure to the potential buyer or tenant. It could condition the price or rent of the real estatein the future.

Should it appear in the sale or rental ads of the Dwellings ?

In all of them. Whether on paper, on the internet or on any other platform, we must comply with energy certification standards.


When does it come into force?

On June 1, 2013. All owners who want to sell or rent their Dwelling used cars must have the energy efficiency certificate in compliance with Royal Decree 235/2013 of 5 April

Will there be a transition period for its implementation?

No. From the date marked, whoever sells its real estatemust show the energy certification label or will be sanctioned.

Which houses should have it?

All used ones – new ones must have it since 2007 – that are sold or rented to a new tenant, as long as they do not already have a certificate in force.

Are there any exceptions?

Yes: buildings with a use forecast of two years or less, isolated buildings with less than 50 metres, buildings bought for demolition, apartment buildings rented for less than four months a year, or which use 25% of the energy they would consume if occupied all year round.

What are the ways to get it?

Individual (for a single Dwelling one) or community – cheaper – (for the building than brandthe qualification of all its Dwellings , although an owner can modify the one of his apartment if he has made improvements).

It responds to a 2010 European Directive that seeks to create highly energy-efficient buildings and homes.

What parameters will be used to set the qualification of the Dwelling ?

Insulation (walls, ceilings, floors, windows, balconies, etc.), orientation, energy generation systems and fuel they use, installation of hot water, lighting systems, type of kitchen, etc.


Will it say how to save energy?

Yes, it should include recommendations for improving optimal levels of efficiency – including payback periods.

Will it force reform?

No way.

Will it reflect recent reforms?

Yes, as long as they are accredited and have resulted in an improvement of the elements or their facilities.


How do you apply?

The owner will choose individual qualified professional technicians or specialized companies.


Who will be able to issue it?

Technicians with academic and professional qualifications to draft projects or to manage construction works or to carry out projects for their thermal installations.


How long will it take to process?

Once the inspection has been carried out, the deadlines for delivery of the energy efficiency certificate vary according to the following variables:

  • Processing time by the professional technician or certifier, and subsequent assignment of the qualification on the energy label. (3 days approximately)
  • According to the Autonomous Community, registration of the energy efficiency certificate. Each Autonomous Community establishes its own registration criteria.

What is the cost of certifying oneDwelling ?

Each company or professional can freely offer rates to certify Dwellings . The price will depend on what you are offered by the professional conducting the study. If you want to obtain a good estimate of the annual expenditure on energy as well as the study of the investment that would be necessary to achieve energy savings and therefore economic, the cost of certifying one Dwelling will be around 150 euros. However, the amount will vary depending on other factors such as the complexity of the facilities, the square meters or the documentation provided on the property.

What fees will be charged?

The energy certificate has an additional cost for registration with the administration. The associated fee for registering an energy certificate will Dwelling cost between 0 and 40 euros, depending on the autonomous community.


Will it have an expiration date?

Maximum validity of 10 years. Each community will set the conditions for its updating. The owner will be responsible for voluntarily renewing and updating it.

Will you have to register officially?

The recognised document will have to be entered in the corresponding register to be created by each region.

Article 5 of the Royal Decree grants competence to the Autonomous Communities, which must regulate energy certification and create an official register in which all certifications will be recorded.

What happens when energy certifications are registered with the official body?

Registering the certificate with the regional body means granting the compulsory energy label to sell or rent the real estate.

Who will monitor its compliance?

The competent body of each community, which may delegate to independent agents authorised for this purpose. It will be done on a random selection that will check the data used to issue the certificate.

What sanctions will it entail?

From 300 to 6,000 euros, depending on the infringement (slight, serious or very serious). If the offender has obtained an economic benefit from the non-compliance with the regulations that is greater than the amount of the penalty, a fine shall be imposed in an amount equivalent to that benefit.


Can a sale and purchase be closed without a certificate?

Yes, the notary must inform the buyer in this case and the buyer must give his consent. The deed will reflect this exoneration.

Can a person who buys an real estateunlabeled one be fined? You have no responsibility. The obligation is on the seller.

What is the purpose of the energy certificate imposed from Europe?

The purpose is to make the ones Dwellings in Spain as efficient as possible but the result of the energy qualification of one Dwelling does not entail any kind of consequence, that is, it is an informative and non-binding document. The aim of the government and of Europe is to ensure that those Dwellings with the worst energy ratings undergo reforms to improve their energy efficiency. The horizon is that all those Dwellings built after 31 December 2020 will have almost no energy consumption, as established in the additional provision of Royal Decree 235/2013 of 5 April. This royal decree seeks to know the current state of the park in Spain in Dwellings order to know what measures to establish to improve its efficiency.

Are there aids to these improvements?

The government has launched a series of grants for homeowners’ associations, community groups or sole proprietors of buildings in Dwellings.

What key measures are there to improve energy saving in the home?

  • Active measures: These are measures that improve the efficiency of heating, cooling or lighting systems; such as replacing the boiler with a condensing one, using a heat pump in cooling appliances or installing energy-saving lamps.
  • Passive measures: These are the measures that reduce the energy demand of the building; such as: increasing the insulation of the façade, replacing windows with double glazing, installing solar protection, etc.

Why Euroval?

igor is ensured by the strict rules appraisal to which we are subject, which establish the methodology and criteria appraisal most appropriate to the purpose of the report.

Independence is safeguarded by the composition of the company’s shareholders, administrative body and experts, who are not linked to any person, company or entity that may generate a conflict of interest with the assets to be evaluated or expert witnessed.

We are solely and exclusively dedicated to valuation, both in Spain and in other countries, acting in accordance with the regulations established in this respect and monitored by the system of supervision to which the company is subject, which guarantees its objectivity.

For all the above reasons, we offer you the preparation of this type of report for energy certifications with a methodology in accordance with the nature of the asset and the purpose of the report, and if necessary, in accordance with the requirements of current regulations.

Energy certification rates

? / UD
real estatesExisting CERTIFICATION
Dwelling in building – 145,00
Dwelling townhouse – 175,00
Dwelling isolated single-family house (maximum surface to be certified 300,00 m²) – 200,00
Commercial premises and offices (maximum area to be certified 200,00 m²) – 250,00
Dwelling isolated single-family house (surface to be certified over 300,00 m²) (*)
Commercial premises and offices (surface to be certified over 200,00 m²) (*)
Office building (*)
Tertiary building (hospital, residence, hotel, shopping centre …) (*)

(*) Under previous budget

Important: These amounts will be invoiced by the Certification Society that issues the Energy Certification report of real estate.

Note: All the above amounts are subject to VAT.
These rates do not include possible fees/taxes/visas from public bodies.
(If necessary, they would be included as replacements).

Pídenos tu presupuesto gratuito

Sociedad homologada por el Banco de España y registrada en la Comisión Nacional de Mercado de Valores, CNMV.